Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Memorial Day = Baby Brother Ethan

Memorial weekend started out a little slow and ended with a bang!!  We obviously didn't have any plans for the weekend since I was 40+ weeks pregnant.  We were in hurry up and wait mode.  We spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday running last minute errands, playing with Owen and getting some extra things done around the house.  On Sunday night we planned our day for Monday.  We were going to take Owen to Choo Choo Bob's Train Store in St. Paul (the boy loves trains!) and were going to go out to a nice dinner since I was scheduled for a C-section Tuesday morning.  At this point neither of us actually thought I was going to go into labor.  Well as it turns out I did!  

I woke up at 5 am on Monday morning to go to the bathroom - at 530am I had my first real contraction.  I didn't say anything to Mike when he woke up because they were really irregular and I didn't want to freak him out so early in the morning.  I started cooking us breakfast at about 730am and had a contraction.  I mentioned it to him and said I didn't think we were going to Choo Choo Bob's and that it was possibly BABY DAY.  We ate, took showers and I started timing my contractions.  They seemed to be anywhere from 5-7 minutes apart.  I called my doctor around 930am and she said to call back when they were every 5 minutes for an hour or the pain was bad enough that I needed pain medication.  I had contractions all day and finally called again at 415pm.  Now they had been 4-5 minutes apart for 45 minutes and the pain was much more intense.  She told us to go in.  We got to the hospital at about 515pm.  Contractions were 2-4 minutes apart and I was dilated to a 4!!  I was obviously far enough along to be admitted - its go time :-)  At about 700pm I got an epidural and life was now good.  By 10 pm I was fully dilated but he was still too high so we needed to wait a little longer before we got to meet our new little guy.  At 1000pm I asked my nurse if she thought his birthday would be the 27th or 28th...  Just after that his heart rate started to drop.  We tried a bunch of things but just couldn't get his heart rate up.  I was wisked away down the hall to the OR for a emergency C-section (kind of like it happens on TV).  I got into the OR at 1025pm and he was born at 1034pm.  He is perfect in every way!!

Ethan David Elhard
May 27th, 2013
10:34pm
8 lbs 15 oz.
 21 1/2 inches
Just a few hours old

40 weeks 5 days - hospital bound

Getting assessed and admitted

epidural going - life is good

moon suit - ready for the OR

post-op with my new guy

family picture

Granny Nanny and Ethan

In the nursery with daddy



two days old

mommy and ethan

Auntie Amber

Auntie Laura and Grandma Joyce

The Lundstrom's came to visit :-)

Owen meets Ethan

Giving Kisses

Holding Hands

Love my guy

Daddy and Ethan

Ready to go HOME!!



We made it home

Holding Ethan

Best Friends :-)

First night at home




Flower from Owen

From Grandma Joyce and Granny Nanny



Wide Awake





At the Doctor - 1 week old

1 week old - already 9lbs 6oz.

Everything checks out - He's Perfect!!

At Target - 1 week old

Sleeping Burrito 

When we were in the hospital we got his pictures taken by First Day Photo - here is the link to the virtual birth announcement - he is not even two days old...

No comments:

Post a Comment